Friday, August 12, 2005

Autumn on it's Way

Well, it's official. It may only be halfway through August, but Autumn is knocking on the door. I made my first batch of Zucchini Bread tonight.

I can feel that stirring in my soul when the first of the harvest starts to come in. The mercury may still be reading in the nineties, but once we start pulling veggies in from the garden, I'm ready to get out the sweaters and make pumpkin pie. The bread I made tonight perfumed the whole house with the harvest smells of cinnamon and cloves. And that first slice, still warm and slathered in butter, was a balm for my summer weary soul. I love Fall and Winter, and I just can't wait for them to get here!

I think I just talked myself into another slice!

1 comment:

Thicket Dweller said...

I just received three huge zucchinis from a neighbor. Did you know that you can tell if a person has no friends if he has to buy a zucchini? ;-)

A neighbor gave me a recipe for zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting. If I can overcome this cold I'm fighting, I may try them today.

Lovely post, HH.

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...