Saturday, April 2, 2005

The Great Outdoors, Indoors

Our family took a little spur of the moment trip to a fun store in Wheeling, WV today called
Cabela's.
They carry all sorts of camping, hunting, and fishing gear, and they have oodles of other things too. But the most interesting parts are the dozens of preserved animals that they have on display, including elephants, zebras, and lions along with the normal (for my area) taxidermy fare of deer, ducks, and bears. They also have several aquariums of local freshwater fish and a trout pond where you can watch them feed the trout by hand. Best of all, everything is snuggly indoors, so it made a perfect outing on this day of winter's revenge here in Ohio.

We were able to find the baby carrier backpack that we were wanting, in the clearance section. We had a great lunch in their restaurant. I found the perfect present for my husband's birthday. And Peanut had so much fun looking at all of the animals, and practicing her animal sounds. Aside from the weather, it was a great day!

Peanut and her coonskin cap Posted by Hello


The biggest selling point of our new backpack. Posted by Hello

No comments:

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...