Wednesday, April 6, 2005

Husbands

If you have a good husband, get up from your seat right now and go and thank him. If he is not around, say a prayer of thanksgiving to God, and thank your hubby later.
And I don't mean he has to be a "perfect" husband, but one who shares your trials and triumphs, leads you in the direction that you should be moving, and provides a safe harbor for you (and your children).

Due to recent circumstances within my extended family, I've come to have a new-found appreciation for Brian. I have often overlooked his good qualities, in favor of nagging about his more annoying ones. It is often (very often, I'm ashamed to admit) so easy for me to gripe and complain that he has dropped the ball, when actually, it's me who has created the situation with my own attitude and reaction problems.

I am so blessed to have the husband that God gave me. He really is a stand-up guy. I haven't always thought that. In fact, there have been lots of times that I was convinced that God sent me to Brian to teach me some lessons on meekness and patience. But my eyes are being opened recently. He really is the husband that God meant for me. He is a good match.

I love you Brian and thank you for all that you do for me as husband and head of this family!

1 comment:

Thicket Dweller said...

That is SO sweet! I think we should push for a national Thank Your Husband Day. ;-)

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...