Friday, December 16, 2005

Pillow Talk

Day 16


The pillow talk that occurred in our bedroom last night:

Me: "So, are you all finished with your Christmas shopping?"

DH: *yawn* "No, I still have some things to pick up."

Me: "When are you going to make a trip to the store?"
(knowing full well that his schedule is packed from now until the 23rd, and that my DH hates going to said store at the best of times)

DH: "Oh, I don't know. Definitely not this weekend, the stores will be too crowded. Maybe next weekend."

Me: (after a few beats) "You do realize that Christmas is next weekend?"

DH: "No it isn't! Is it?"

Me: "Afraid so."

DH: "Do you think that everything will get here in time if I order it online?"

Me: "Please say that you have already bought my present."

*30 seconds of Silence*

DH: "Of course! It's not like I forgot about Christmas!"

Me: "Um, technically, you just did."

DH: "Feeling like coal this year, are we?!"

Me: *snoring* (deciding that discretion is the better part of valor and that being right is not nearly as important as having something under the tree Christmas morning with my name on it)

No comments:

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...