Monday, September 19, 2005

What We Are Used To

First of all, let me just say thank you for all of your kind words!

You all make me feel like some kind of domestic goddess, instead of a frumpy lady grousing over her tomatoes! Who knew that preserving was such an art form.

Very often, I get comments from wonderful people who make me remember that this blog is read by more that just a few of my local friends. I've had this discussion with other bloggers before, and it's very easy to forget that this is a worldwide forum. My blog has opened up friendships for me all over the globe, and has allowed me to get a glimpse into the everyday lives of real people that I would have otherwise never met. It's kinda like having the world as your neighbor.

Canning your food is very commonly known here. Even if most of the under 50 set don't do it, they have watched their Grandmothers at it and recognize the process and the lingo. The fact that someone had never heard of apple butter would seem ludicrous. That just goes to show you how much I tend to live in my own little world.

We live our lives, day in and day out, with own worries and struggles, working to surmount the huge mountains of our fears and hardships. The funny thing is, our mountains, very often, look like molehills to someone else. The things that we agonize over would seem trivial to someone else. Without that "other" perspective, it's very easy to think that I am the center of the whole universe. Thanks to all of you for giving me that perspective!

And that wraps up the introspective portion of tonight's post!

Exactly how did a discussion of apple butter lead to this?
Ahh, my addled brain!

No comments:

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...