Friday, November 26, 2004

Giving Thanks

I just want to say that I feel so blessed by the Lord today. I try to make a point every Thanksgiving of sitting down with my own quiet thoughts and truly "counting my blessings". It's something I've done ever since I was little, and today was no exception. I realized that I have so much that most of the world outside of our country only dreams of. Though,the truly sad thing is,I complain about a lot of my blessings on a daily basis; if not out loud, then in my thoughts. So, here follows a list of my blessings, and I offer up a true prayer of thanksgiving to the Lord who has so richly blessed me with things that I truly have not come even close to deserving.

*My Salvation

*My Beautiful Daughter

*My Honest, Hard-Working Husband

*My Snug Little House

*Plentiful Food to Eat

*More Good, Warm Clothing than we could ever wear out

*Caring Family who love us and help us, and always have our happiness and best interest at heart and in their prayers

* Friends who make me a priority in their lives, even when I'm "too busy" to make them a priority in mine

*A pleasant disposition that helps me look for the good in any situation (this was not always a trait of mine and I realize now how important it can be)

*The fact that even with all of the neglecting I give my body, I am in good health and I have a sound mind.

*The love of singing and dancing and just being silly sometimes

*The ability to laugh when things are going wrong or seem bad (even if it is at my own expense).

*The gift of prayer for myself and others, because it really works and I've never seen it hurt.

Most of all I'm thankful that I am me. With all of my flaws,shortcomings, and foibles, I'd still rather be me than anyone else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed. It is relieving to see someone so dedicated to their family in this day and age. Your blog warmed my heart and gave me hope.

Blessings!
Alicia

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...