Thursday, December 23, 2004

Not a creature was stirring...

The night before the night before Christmas. This is actually my favorite day of the holidays. Everything is ready to go, no more hurrying to get finished. My husband and I sit and have a breather. It's actually the calm before the storm for us.
You see, because of my divorced parents and a very close knit extended family, we go to six get-togethers in the two days of Christmas. And that does not include our own personal family Christmas here at home. We literally run from party to party to be able to fit in both mine and my husband's family. We stop at home long enough to drop off one batch of incoming gifts and pick up the outgoing ones. My husband protests every year, and I have to admit that now that we have a daughter of our own, sometimes it feels pretty ridiculous. But how do I tell one or the other of my parents that they don't get to see us for the holidays? I just feel like a heel if I can't be there for a planned party. This year we are trying something different though. We are choosing two parties a year that we will only stay an hour of. This way we can spend a little more time at home. I'm not sure how it will work, or if we will even be able to stick with it. I guess we will see.

Merry Christmas to you all and many blessings on your Families!

No comments:

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...