Thursday, June 29, 2006

Made-up

  Posted by Picasa This was the sight that greeted me upon being torn from my dreams this morning. My Peanut has definitely been flying her toddler flag lately.

I said a few posts ago that I don't regularly wear make up. But I do actually own some, for the rare occasions that I find it necessary. And what I own is expensive (I have very sensitive and picky skin). I can't even think about the cost of my daughter's clown mask this early in the morning. And the lovely new wall mural in her room... and the hand-painted skirt on her changing table... and the three (white) towels she used to wipe her hands... and the pillow and pillowslip she sat upon (Miss Muffet style) while applying her 'face'... and the 'Picasso-ed vanity table...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something tells me the cost of your lipstick is worth every penny when you look at this sweet face and laugh at the memories you'll have of this day. By the way, Oxiclean is wonderful stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I wanted to send you an e-mail but all I could find was your Yahoo messenger name. (I did add you to my buddylist -- I'm Nightchild84). Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for this website. I stumbled upon it when I was reading other people's 101 in 1001 lists. It has warmed my heart to find someone who truly appreciates what it means to be a woman. You have reinforced that the things that I want in life are good and fulfilling -- to be a wife and a mother, to love and nurture and bake and read. I wish all the best for you and your hubby and little Peanut. You are very blessed, and I consider myself very lucky to have found this site.

~Sarah

Thicket Dweller said...

oh MY! She certainly looks fancy! :-)

impromptu-mom said...

HH,
I have to admit that I didn't laugh at the time (as it was 5:00 AM) but I didn't scold her either. It really wouldn't have accoplised much except making her mascara run, lol.

Since Peanut's birth, my first instinct has become to look for the camera. Thank the gods for digital photography!

MM said...

You simply have to read my post on the exact same topic. This is something only a postmodern mother could appreciate!
http://merrymunchkins.blogspot.com/2006/05/bedtime-blog.html

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...