Friday, January 21, 2005

Knit One, Purl 2, and On Into Eternity

It's decided. I am now a knitting junkie. I can't sit down for ten minutes without looking for my knitting. Every time I stop at the store, I bring home at least one ball of yarn. I have now checked out and read every book that my local library has on knitting and requested 34 more from other libraries. When I can't sleep at night, and it's too dark in our bedroom to knit, I browse the internet for free patterns. And all of this has taken place just since New Years Eve when I taught myself to knit.
I'm also learning to spin, so that I can make and dye my own yarn. I don't own a spinning wheel yet, so I'm spinning with a drop spindle. It's actually very soothing work, and very portable (you can carry it in your purse or pocket). My poor husband probably feels as if he is living with a deranged spider, what with piles of colored yarn on one side and mounds of wool roving on the other. Can you tell that when I find a new hobby, I find it all consuming? No one can say I do things by halves!

1 comment:

Thicket Dweller said...

Ah, yes. I went through this stage, too. All I can say is that this too shall pass. :-) Or is that slip? (Slip one, purl one...get it?)

I have tapered off on my yarn collecting, though every time I go to Borders, I look at all of the yummy knitting books. Yum, yum, yum.

I'm thinking about starting a knitting club for teens. There's a book about it at Borders.

Maybe I am still a junkie.

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...