Thursday, January 27, 2005

Musings

My, it's cold here at my little house. Seven degrees exactly. Today was my errand day. I'm trying to accomplish all of my running in one day to save on gas and time, per my 101 things in 1001 days list. It seems to be working, except that I am exhausted by 3:00 PM. It definitely takes a lot more planning and strategizeing than I am used to. Every Wednesday night, I sit and make up my grocery list, my menu for the week (also on my 101 list), and a list of places that I have to stop (i.e.- the library, the video store, the hardware store, ect.). Sometimes I think it is a lot of work for not much payoff, but then again it's nice not to find myself at Wal-Mart for the third time in as many days. I am very glad to find my self snugly at home with a well stocked pantry and no need to go out in the cold for the rest of the weekend.

1 comment:

Thicket Dweller said...

This sounds very inviting! I used to do the same, and would like to do it again. At the cabin, we didn't have room to stock up. I'm still making room here in this big house. I can't believe it's full! We have a nice big fruit cellar, but it's so filled with things that we haven't organized or that we "might need" that it isn't being used for fruit at all! That's one of the things on my 101 list...clean the fruit cellar!

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...