Tuesday, February 1, 2005

"Cough, Cough, Wheeze!"

I am sick , again. I can't believe it. Truthfully, I usually never get sick. I usually walk through winter , totally immune to whatever bug that is going around. And it's not because I now have a child, as my mother keeps insisting. I used to work as a nanny, wiping noses and covering coughs; I never had a problem. My dad says it is because we all didn't get of flu shots this year, but I never get a flu shot, I never have. We just seem to be running the gauntlet of winter illnesses this year.

I spent all of last night walking the floor with my 14 month old daughter. She has a cough that sounds like the late stages of black lung. She can't lie down, because she coughs, she can't sleep because she coughs, frankly she can't get any kind of comfort because she coughs. The scariest thing is that she was perfectly fine yesterday morning and afternoon. She had a little runny nose but that is it. The doctor had even said that she was fine. Then last night I start to hear this hacking coming from her room.

Here is hoping that tonight goes a little better. I didn't even go to sleep until nine this morning. Please keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Wow...

I can't believe that this blog still exists.  I had quite forgotten about it.  I still live in my snug little house. I still enjoy t...